The Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MEX) is a highly qualified program for top-level graduates from Brazil or abroad, who are working or who intend to work in the field of Business Administration. The course enables students to develop their entrepreneurial managerial capacity, provide consulting services, perform direction and management roles, and teach in schools and higher education institutions in the field of Administration.
The course is offered in the nighttime period and is completed in 22 months – with approval and defense of the Final Thesis.
Classes start in February of each year, with a curriculum structure divided into quarters.
It is intended for managers and executives with career growth potential. Professional experience in the managerial administrative area is valued.
The purpose of the program is to train leaders in the various Brazilian sectors, enabling new masters to provide consulting and high-level leadership or management functions, as well as advancing in their academic career (teaching qualification). The program seeks to contribute to the training and development of professionals in the field of business administration that can add value to the business activity through the construction and application of knowledge.
Internationally Recognized Quality
FGV EBAPE has quality labels awarded by the most important administration institutions in the world.
Accreditations grant business and administration education institutions international certification of excellence in the programs offered. FGV EBAPE has earned three seals from the world’s leading accreditors:
1. AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
2. EQUIS/EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development)
3. ICAPA (International Commission on Accreditation of Public Administration Education and Training).
Internationally certified by three major institutional assessment agencies, the European Foundation for Management Development (EQUIS/EFMD) and the International Commission on Accreditation of Public Administration Education and Training (FAPV), FGV EBAPE has several short- and medium-term Exchange Programs, in which students have the chance to study abroad during their course, in the best business schools that are part of the FGV EBAPE partner network, while using their credits in the program. It is an opportunity to study abroad and continue to pay one’s tuition fee normally in Brazil, without added expenses* in the educational institution.
* Lodging, meal, travel, airfare and personal expenses are the responsibility of the student.
**International modules are developed by FGV EBAPE’s International Relations department. Click here for additional information.
FGV with top ratings
Nine FGV courses obtained the top rating in the CAPES evaluation: grade 7 in the Academic Master’s and PhDs and grade 5 in the Professional Master’s degrees.
These results reaffirm our commitment to academic excellence and our contribution to the Brazil’s development.
THE ACADEMIC MASTER’S AND PhDs OF FGV EBAPE, FGV EAESP, FGV EPGE AND FGV EESP HAVE ACHIEVED THE TOP RATING: 7
Graduate Program Name
THE PROFESSIONAL MASTER’S OF FGV EBAPE, FGV EAESP, FGV EPGE, FGV EESP AND HAVE ACHIEVED THE TOP RATING: 5
Graduate Program Name
|FGV/RJ||HISTORY, POLITICS AND CULTURAL ASSETS||5|
|CALENDAR – REGULAR CLASS 2020|
|Registration with discount||29/07 to 13/09/19 until 6 p.m.|
|Registration without discount||After 6 p.m., from 13/09 to 28/10/19, until 6 p.m.|
|Registration formalization (document upload)||29/07 to 28/10/19|
|Submission of medical records for applicants with disabilities||29/07 to 28/10/19|
|Social Name Application Form||29/07 to 28/10/19|
|Publication of the answer sheet||12/11/2019|
|Result of the 1st Phase/Call for Interview||25/11/2019|
|Interview||02/12 to 06/12/19|
|Publication of the Final Results||11/12/2019|
|Document Upload and Enrollment Scheduling||16/12/19 to 15/01/20|
|Enrollment||16/12/19 to 16/01/20|
|Enrollment – Reclassified applicants||21/01 to 24/01/20|
|Enrollment Cancellation Period||22/01 to 24/01/20|
|Beginning of Classes – Face-to-face||03/02/2020|
Access the selection public notice (only portuguese)
Access the Course Regulations (only portuguese)
The selection will consist of written tests (math, English, and writing), CV analysis, and interview with the candidate. The applicant may also submit the result of one of the following tests: Anpad, GMAT or GRE are valid, replacing the tests applied by the School, except for the writing test, which is mandatory.
To participate in the selection process, the applicant must pay the registration fee. To do this, the applicants must sign up in the system and enter their personal data to create the bank payment slip. The registration will be formalized by uploading the following documentation on the registration page of the Selection Process.
• Identity Document;
• Passport (foreign applicants);
• Lattes/CNPq Curriculum, attaching copies of the most relevant works, where available (optional);
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Social Name Application Form;
• Medical Report (Persons with Disabilities);
• Graduate Diploma. For courses taken abroad, the document must be presented including consularization or apostille, according to the Hague Convention, in addition to the sworn translation;
• Applicants in the final phase of an Undergraduate course may submit, for registration to the Selection Process, a statement with the estimated date of completion of the course (issued less than 60 days). For the registration to take place, it will be mandatory to present the Diploma or statement containing the graduation date;
• Rating and grade in one of the following exams (optional):
o ANPAD (validity: 2 years);
• Certificate of proficiency in English in one of the following tests – optional:
o Cambridge ESOL: FCE, CAE, or CPE.
1. All documents and other materials must be scanned, saved in PDF format and attached to the Registration Form.
2. The maximum upload size allowed for each document is 1.5 MB.
3. Photos of documents and materials will not be accepted.
4. Documents that are double-sided or longer than one (1) page must be scanned in a single file (e.g. ID, passport, Diploma, etc.).
5. Applicants should consult the status of the documentation submitted through the website https://processoseletivo.fgv.br/Inscricao/MPGE, on the “Visão Geral” menu, “Acompanhe sua inscrição” link. The documents will be verified within three (3) business days.
6. The applicant has the option to take the written exam at FGV EBAPE (Rio de Janeiro) and the FGV Brasilia Unit.
Selection process Registration Fee:
One hundred and forty-four reais (R$144.00) for bank payment slips issued from 29/07 to 13/09/19, until 6 p.m.
One hundred and eighty reais (R$180.00) for bank payment slips issued from 13/09/19 to 28/10/2019, until 6 p.m.
The Selection Process registration fee may be paid by credit card, at bank branches or via Internet, until the payment deadline set by the bank.
Note: FGV has very strict rules regarding the clothing of people who transit its facilities. The entry of people wearing shorts, miniskirts and/or sandals will not be allowed.
During the selection process, the MEX Coordination will promote the Open Day, an informative session in which applicants interested in the course will have the opportunity to learn more about School facilities, the professors, and the research programs, as well as obtaining more detailed information about the program and exchange experiences with students and alumni.
|MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS||TOTAL VALUE|
|Single payment||R$ 86.981,00|
|4 installments||R$ 22.292,00||R$ 89.168,00|
|16 installments||R$ 5.910,00||R$ 94.560,00|
|24 installments||R$ 4.095,00||R$ 98.280,00|
* Promotional price – exclusive discount for full payment, not cumulative with other discounts granted by the school.
DISCOUNT FOR ALUMNI
FGV lato sensu alumni are eligible for the following discounts:
1. 10% Discount for alumni from FGV Graduate or MBA (Lato Sensu) programs
• Alexandre de Almeida Faria
• Álvaro Bruno Cyrino
• Carmem Pires Migueles
• Diego de Faveri Pereira Lima
• Eduardo B. Andrade
• Fabio Caldieraro
• Fátima Bayma de Oliveira
• Filipe Sobral
• Helio Arthur Reis Irigaray
• Isabella Freitas Gouveia de Vasconcelos
• Ishani Aggarwal
• Istvan Karoly Kasznar
• Jefferson de Barros Santos
• Juliana Arcoverde Mansur Kopp
• Joaquim Rubens Fontes Filho
• José A. Puppim de Oliveira
• Lars Norden
• Lucia Barbosa de Oliveira
• Luiz Antônio Joia
• Marco Tulio F. Zanini
• Olivier Bertrand
• Patrick Behr
• Paulo N. Figueiredo
• Peter Wanke
• Ricardo Lopes Cardoso
• Ricardo Sarmento Costa
• Ronaldo Couto Parente
• Robert Gregory Michener
• Yuna Fontoura
• Sami Fouad
• José Mauro Gonçalves Nunes
• Luiz Gustavo Medeiros Barbosa
• Marisol Rodriguez Goia
The Master’s Degree in Business Management is developed through lectures, seminars and group work, supported by audiovisual and multimedia resources. Given the emphasis on the practical application of knowledge, much of the work arises from debate and the exchange of experiences between participants. This methodology assumes that students are active agents in their learning process, with their own goals and co-responsible for the quality of the final product.
The curriculum structure is based on four compulsory subjects; eight elective subjects; and one intervention/career guidance subject – each worth two credits.
Total credits for the degree:
|SUBJECTS||Twenty-four (24) credits|
|PROJECT||Four (4) credits|
|FINAL THESIS||Seven (7) credits|
|TOTAL CREDITS||Thirty-five (35) credits|
|Reference: 1 credit = 15H|
Quarterly calendar – face-to-face classes from 6:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. at FGV Rio de Janeiro/RJ;
Total course duration:
Diploma obtained at the end of the course:
Master in Administration.
Public Defense of the Final Thesis
To complete the program, the student must prepare a final thesis under the academic guidance of a professor from the FGV EBAPE Permanent Faculty (NDP MEX), which may take the form of a dissertation arising from field research conducted by the student. The student must defend it before a public board composed of three doctoral professors, one of them being a professor from outside FGV EBAPE.
In order to perform the defense and complete the course, the students must have their project approved (four credits), complete the twenty-four required subject credits, and obtain a minimum final grade of seven (7.0), considering the complete set of subjects attended (compulsory and elective).
Following the above procedures, the student may request for their Master’s Diploma.
COMPULSORY SUBJECTS FOR ALL STUDENTS
• Behavior in Organizations
• Business Strategy
• Organizational Structures and Processes
• Research Methodology
ELECTIVE SUBJECTS – SOME OF THE SUBJECTS AVAILABLE
• Quantitative Analysis for Business Decision
• Accounting and Financial Analysis
• Consumer Anthropology
• Sector Competitiveness
• Strategy, Society and Government
• Teaching Strategies
• Global Strategies
• Corporate Finance
• Organizational Culture Management
• Innovation Management
• Marketing Management
• Operations Management
• Project Management
• Corporate Governance
• Practical Analytical Marketing
• Microeconomics of Competitiveness
• Negotiation and Conflict Management
• Qualitative Research Applied to Administration
• Organizational Theory, Paradoxes and Changes
• Work, Career and Employability
• Digital Transformation
* The elective subjects will be offered according to faculty availability and number of students interested.
Prof. Joaquim Rubens Fontes Filho
Prof. Roberto da Costa Pimenta
Tel: +55 21 3083-2727
Anderson do Nascimento Ricci
Tel: +55 21 3083-2728
Rua Jornalista Orlando Dantas, 30 – 2º floor
Botafogo – Rio de Janeiro
+ 55 21 3083-2754
+55 21 3083-2754