The Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MEX) is a highly qualified program for top-level graduates from Brazil or abroad, who are working or who intend to work in the field of Business Administration. The course enables students to develop their entrepreneurial managerial capacity, provide consulting services, perform direction and management roles, and teach in schools and higher education institutions in the field of Administration.
The course is offered in the nighttime period and is completed in 22 months – with approval and defense of the Final Thesis.
Classes start in February of each year, with a curriculum structure divided into quarters.
It is intended for managers and executives with career growth potential. Professional experience in the managerial administrative area is valued.
The purpose of the program is to train leaders in the various Brazilian sectors, enabling new masters to provide consulting and high-level leadership or management functions, as well as advancing in their academic career (teaching qualification). The program seeks to contribute to the training and development of professionals in the field of business administration that can add value to the business activity through the construction and application of knowledge.
Internationally Recognized Quality
FGV EBAPE has quality labels awarded by the most important administration institutions in the world.
Accreditations grant business and administration education institutions international certification of excellence in the programs offered. FGV EBAPE has earned three seals from the world’s leading accreditors:
1. AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
2. EQUIS/EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development)
3. ICAPA (International Commission on Accreditation of Public Administration Education and Training).
FGV EBAPE is certified internationally by three important accreditation organizations – AACSB, EQUIS/EFMD – and it has several short and medium-term exchange programs, giving students the chance to study abroad during their course at the best business schools in FGV EBAPE’s network of partners, while earning credits. It is an opportunity for students to study abroad while continuing to pay their regular monthly fees in Brazil, without any extra fees* at the foreign institution.
* Accommodations, meals, transfers, airline tickets and personal expenses are students’ responsibility.
** These international modules are developed by FGV EBAPE’s International Relations Department. For more information, click here.
Top score for FGV
Nine FGV courses received the maximum possible score in the last evaluation by the Brazilian Education Ministry’s graduate education support agency, CAPES: a score of 7 for academic master’s and doctorates, and a score of 5 for professional master’s programs.
These results reflect our commitment to academic excellence and our contribution to Brazil’s development.
THE ACADEMIC MASTER’S AND PhDs OF FGV EBAPE, FGV EAESP, FGV EPGE AND FGV EESP HAVE ACHIEVED THE TOP RATING: 7
Graduate Program Name
THE PROFESSIONAL MASTER’S OF FGV EBAPE, FGV EAESP, FGV EPGE, FGV EESP AND HAVE ACHIEVED THE TOP RATING: 5
Graduate Program Name
|FGV/RJ||HISTORY, POLITICS AND CULTURAL ASSETS||5|
The selection process to join the Master’s in Business Management Program’s Regular Course takes place annually, in the second half of the year, and it will happen entirely online.
The process will consist of: ONLINE tests (mathematics, English and writing), resume analysis and an interview with the candidate.
Candidates may also present their ANPAD Test results instead of the tests given by the school, except in the case of the writing test, which is mandatory.
To participate in the selection process, candidates must pay the application fee. To do so, they must register with the system and give their personal details to generate a bank payment slip. Applications will be formalized by uploading the documentation below on the selection process applications website:
• Photo ID;
• Passport (foreign candidates);
• Lattes/CNPq resume (optional);
• Standard resume;
• Undergraduate degree diploma. In the case of a degree awarded outside Brazil, the document must be certified by a Brazilian embassy or consulate in the country where it was issued or certified in accordance with the Hague Convention, and presented together with a certified translation;
• In order to apply for the selection process, candidates who are close to completing their undergraduate degree may present a declaration predicting when they will obtain their diploma (issued less than 60 days before). To matriculate, candidates must present their diploma or declaration specifying their graduation date;
• Ranking and score in the ANPAD Test within the period of validity (optional).
For details about the documentation to sign up for the selection process, click here to see the public notice.
All the documents and other materials must be scanned, saved in PDF format and attached to the Application Form.
The maximum permitted size of each uploaded document is 1.5 MB.
Photos of documents and materials will not be accepted.
Double-sided documents or documents containing more than one page must be scanned and turned into a single file (e.g. photo ID, passport, diploma, etc.)
Candidates should consult the status of the documentation they submit at https://cacr.fgv.br/rj/pos/ebape/mpge, in the Overview menu, via the Track Your Application link. The documents will be verified within 3 (three) working days.
Our webinar is an online informative session conducted by the course coordinator, giving potential applicants the opportunity to learn about the program’s structure and ask questions.
Date: October 27, 2020
Time: 1 pm
Click here to sign up.
Students who have completed any of FGV’s non-degree graduate programs will be given a 10% (ten percent) discount.
• Alexandre de Almeida Faria
• Álvaro Bruno Cyrino
• Carmem Pires Migueles
• Diego de Faveri Pereira Lima
• Eduardo B. Andrade
• Fabio Caldieraro
• Fátima Bayma de Oliveira
• Filipe Sobral
• Helio Arthur Reis Irigaray
• Isabella Freitas Gouveia de Vasconcelos
• Ishani Aggarwal
• Istvan Karoly Kasznar
• Jefferson de Barros Santos
• Juliana Arcoverde Mansur Kopp
• Joaquim Rubens Fontes Filho
• José A. Puppim de Oliveira
• Lars Norden
• Lucia Barbosa de Oliveira
• Luiz Antônio Joia
• Marco Tulio F. Zanini
• Olivier Bertrand
• Patrick Behr
• Paulo N. Figueiredo
• Peter Wanke
• Ricardo Lopes Cardoso
• Ricardo Sarmento Costa
• Ronaldo Couto Parente
• Robert Gregory Michener
• Yuna Fontoura
• Sami Fouad
• José Mauro Gonçalves Nunes
• Luiz Gustavo Medeiros Barbosa
• Marisol Rodriguez Goia
The Master’s in Business Management is developed through lectures, seminars and group work, with the support of audiovisual and multimedia resources. Given the emphasis on the practical application of knowledge, much of the work arises from debate and exchange of experiences between the participants. This methodology is based on the premise that students are active agents in their learning process, with their own goals and jointly responsible for the quality of the final product.
The curricular structure is based on:
- 6 mandatory subjects (each one worth two credits);
- 6 elective subjects (each one worth two credits).
Total credits needed for diploma:
- Subjects: 24 (twenty-four) credits;
- Project: 4 (four) credits
- End-of-course-paper: 7 (seven) credits;
Reference: 1 (one) credit = 15 hours
Total: 35 (thirty-five) credits.
Schedule: Quarterly calendar – in-person classes from 6:30 pm to 9:45 pm at FGV in Rio de Janeiro;
Total course duration: 22 months;
Diploma obtained at end of course: Master’s in Administration.
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management
- People Management and Work Relations
- Research Method
- Digital Transformation
Some of the subjects available:
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions
- Shopping Anthropology
- Sector Competitiveness
- Behavior at Organizations
- Organizational Culture
- Economics and Business Context
- Teaching Strategy
- Strategy, Society and Government
- Innovation Management
- Management of Operations
- Corporate Governance
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Microeconomics and Competitiveness
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- International Business
- Work, Careers and Employability
* The elective subjects will be offered in line with the availability of professors and the number of interested students.